Register for Flute Camp
Covid-19 precautions (1) Rapid antigen test on the morning of the first day of camp (2) Verbal symptom check at door each morning (3) HVAC system with HEPA filters and excellent air turnover.
Free Refund: Jump on in and save your spot! If you aren’t comfortable with our Covid policies, refunds are free up until the start of camp.
- After you register for Flute-a-rama, please send a video-recorded audition.
- At Flute-a-rama Summer Camp students break out into ensemble groups and play with others at their level. We want you to thrive with your peers, so this audition helps us determine which group will be happiest for you and allows us to give you music that will help you play well and improve.
- If you study with Carrie or Melissa you do not have to submit an audition video.
Grade 7-12 (July 10-14) camp
- C major scale (1 or more octaves)
- Optional: F# Major 2 octave scale
- Optional: C 3 octave chromatic scale
- Excerpt – Play one of the following:
- Feel free to add more music of your choice if you wish.
Grade 5-8 (July 17-21) camp
Minimum level for participation in Flute-a-rama:
(1) Student must have had 9 months of study by the time camp starts or the recommendation of a private teacher.
(2) Student must be able to consistently produce a tone up to C just above the staff, and play a one octave C scale.
(3) Student must be able to play this beginner excerpt (from the audition requirements on this page).
If you are not yet at this level, we invite you to join us next year!
If you have any doubt about whether you meet the playing level requirements, please contact us.
How to send a video
Send us (1) a link to a YouTube video or (2) a link to a video uploaded to Google drive. To send the link you can use this form or reply to a previous email that you have received from us. Please contact us if you need help.
Audition videos are due by June 1, 2023. They can be submitted at any time in the application process and are helpful early!
2023 Honors Ensemble (optional)
There will be a student-led Honors Ensemble at Flute-a-rama. Submit a video of yourself performing the listed Honors Ensemble excerpt. This Honors Ensemble video can be a replacement for the audition above; you do not need to submit both audition videos.
If you are a student of Melissa or Carrie you are required to submit a video of the Honors Ensemble excerpt if you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
Due date: June 1, 2023
How to send a video: Send us (1) a link to a YouTube video or (2) a link to a video uploaded to Google drive. To send the link you can use this form or reply to a previous email that you have received from us. Please contact us if you need help.